The following document describes how to install and run
the UltraLite for Java Customer Demonstration (CustDB) sample on the Sharp
CustDB is a sample included in SQLAnywhere 8.0 and can be
found in \Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\Samples\CustDB\Java.
Note: This sample was
compiled using JDK 1.1.8.
- Download and unzip the file custdb_zaurus.zip to your
desktop computer. This ZIP file contains the following files:
- custdb.jar - The application JAR file
- ulrt.jar - The UltraLite runtime
- custdb.Database.udb - Sample UltraLite database
- custdb.desktop - Desktop settings for Zaurus
- runcustdb - Script to run CustDB
- custdb.zip - Source code
- In your Zaurus device, create a directory
under /home/root/ called CustDB.
- Transfer the files custdb.jar and ulrt.jar
to the directory /home/root/CustDB/.
- Transfer the file custdb.Database.udb to the
- Transfer the file custdb.desktop to the
- Transfer the file runcustdb to the directory
- Change the file access permission of runcustdb
to allow execute (e.g.: chmod +x runcustdb )
- Restart Qtopia using the Shutdown application in
Running the Demo
- Tap on the Jeode tab, you will see an icon for CustDB.
- Tap the CustDB icon, you will see the CustDB main
Synchronizing the Application
To synchronize the application, you will need to start the
MobiLink Server Sample that is installed with SQL Anywhere 8. You will also need
to recompile the source code because you must change the default host name (localhost)
to the host name of the machine running the MobiLink Server. The
files that require changes are custdb.java and application.java.