Troubleshooting the IIS Redirector for EAServer 4.2
Having trouble using IIS with the EAServer Web Server Redirector Plug-in? Follow
these steps to verify the environment is configured properly.
- Verify these files are included in the EAServer DLL (or the EAServer DLL/debug
directory for debug version) directory:
- Check the PATH system variable to ensure the EAServer DLL directory
(or the EAServer DLL/debug directory for debug version) is included
- Verify the WSPLUGIN_CONFIG_FILE system variable is pointing to
where the redirector.cfg file is located.
For example, if the redirector.cfg file is in c:\winnt\system32\inetpub\redirector.cfg
then the WSPLUGIN_CONFIG_FILE variable should be c:\winnt\system32\inetpub\redirector.cfg
- Check logging settings in the redirector.cfg configuration file:
- connector.IIS.LogLevel verbose is only for debug version
of the DLLs -- it will not work with the runtime DLLs
- connector.IIS.LogFile must be set to a valid drive and folder,
otherwise the plugin may not load
- Look for error information in the log file (pointed to by connector.IIS.LogFile
- As a test, expand the context path so the redirector will handle all requests
sent to the web server, by setting Connector.IIS.URLS in the redirector.cfg
file as follows:
Verify entries in redirector.cfg have a corresponding protocol listener
defined in EAServer. For example, the following entry in redirector.cfg
would require an EAServer HTTP protocol listener defined with the host name
of prodhost and a port number of 8080:
Examine the log file to ensure the hostname is correct, and port number
is valid. .
For example, given the following entries in the redirector log file:
Connector.WebApp /enowcorporate = http://prodhost:8080
The log file should show:
Wed May 21 16:53:58 2003 INFO: ws: 1de1090, URL: [http://prodhost:8080],
protocol: [http], host: [prodhost], port:  down_time:0
- Using the IIS administration tool, check the virtual directory you are using.
Verify that the icon for the virtual directory looks like this:
If the icon looks as expected, skip to step 12.
- If the directory looks like this:
then a property needs to be changed.
Open the properties for the directory and click the Remove button in the Application
- Restart IIS.
- If none of the previous steps help identify the problem, try the debug version
of the plugin and check error information in the log.
For more information on the EAServer Web Server Redirector Plug-in, see Chapter
9 of the EAServer System Administration Guide