ASE DataDirect Migration FAQ
1. How were customers informed about this?
2. Have other customers migrated successfully?
3. What assistance will Sybase give me in this migration?
4. I have thousands of PCs with the older drivers installed; what tools do you have to help me locate where they are and to migrate them automatically?
5. What kind of comparative performance will I get from the new drivers?
6. What differences in behavior are there between the drivers?
7. What are the differences in the level of support I will receive for these drivers vs. the old drivers?
8. What if I don't migrate by the deadline - what options do I have for extended support?
9. Can I still get the DataDirect drivers from DataDirect? Will you support this combination?
10. I have heard that DataDirect has an extensive test suite for ODBC driver testing; how does that compare with your organic driver test suite and the level of quality we will see with Sybase drivers?
11. DataDirect has ASE drivers running on Unix platforms. Do you have any plans to support Unix?
12. What should customers who are migrating to ASE 12.5.4 do about ODBC and OLE-DB support?
13. How to get help.
Most Sybase customers will find instructions for migration straightforward. However, if you need additional assistance, your Sybase Customer Service representative can direct you to additional support.