Moderation Guidelines - Using Sybase Community
TeamSybase provides moderation services for all Community
Forums/Newsgroups to ensure that the following guidelines are enforced
with regard to the removal of inappropriate, non-topical and/or
Posts may be removed in the
- When the content of the post
is not relevant to the forum within which it is posted. Advertisements,
Help Wanted Ads, etc should be posted in the news.classifieds Community
- When the post contains profanity,
obscenities, racist remarks or is abusive of another forum member in
- When the post is of a personal nature
or contains personal information about a forum member.
- When the post contains an attachment
that contains a virus or is otherwise incomplete.
- When the post has been added to
multiple Community Forums/Newsgroups and the contents make it
irrelevant or inappropriate for those Community Forums/Newsgroups.
- When the post is non-technical and deemed irrelevant to
the newsgroup in which they are posted. This may include discussions as to whether a post should be removed.
Posts will NOT be removed in
the following cases:
- When the post contains
constructive criticism of one of our products. This criticism may
generate a conversation that could prove to be useful in shaping our
products in the future.
- When the message has been cross posted
to multiple Community Forums/Newsgroups but the contents make it
relevant for those Community Forums/Newsgroups.
Reporting a Post
- If you believe a post is inappropriate, has been posted as
spam, or you have a suggestion on how our newsgroups could better serve
the public, we want to hear from you.
- Use this Feedback link to send us your
- Please state the words "Community Forums" or "Newsgroups"
in the comment.
Sybase may or may not contact you
your feedback or suggestion. Decisions made to remove posts